Sunday, February 21, 2010

Boy I dropped the ball on this thing...

Sorry I've fallen to pieces everyone. The more I wait to update, the more I have to and the more I'm figuring you're just gonna skim and look for pictures, haha.

Let's start with my birthday. My lovely laday friend took me to the California Grill for an excellent dinner. But if you don't know, the Grill is no ordinary restaurant; the Grill sits atop the Contemporary, one of the first resorts on property. It is also the closest to the Magic Kingdom AND has the monorail run right through it. Brilliant. Anyway, we get there just a couple minutes before 8, checked in, got me a birthday button, and that's when I realized...THE FIREWORKS ARE AT 8. Mandy might be the smartest person ever. So we watched those (the music is played in the restaurant in time with the fireworks) and of course they were awesome; I mean, it's Wishes. Come on.

We then had some dinner, and just like every dinner I've had at Disney, it blew my mind. My mind has been blown so many times, I feel like a Vietnamese mine field. That was probably inappropriate, but what are you gonna do. We shared a flatbread pizza which had roasted red peppers, some sort of greens, and duck. Yes, it was definitely duck season on our flatbread pizza. And it was as awesome as it sounds. For dinner, I had the beef tenderloin, which is becoming a habit when I eat out. I'm pretty sure they cut out the very middle of the cow and throw the rest away cause it tastes so good. Mandy had the scallops and they were butter in my mouth...cause I got to finish them. Awesome. It was the best birthday dinner ever. Hands freakin' down.

Everyone at the office brought a little something to the table for my birthday too. A couple people decorated my cubicle area and two people baked treats. It was a really great surprise. Then that Saturday I had people come out to Ale House to celebrate, mostly because it's the cheapest place around to drink.

The first couple weeks of work, not gonna lie, were pretty boring. Since a lot of what we were gearing up to do was already taken care of (tickets sold, forms sent and received, etc.)
we just assisted others on the floor. A LOT of nonsense for the not-yet-created Gospel Choir Event, filing contracts, straightening up the sully closest, learning how to use Outlook, reading our handbook, and a fair amount of feeling useless. We did get to do a couple of neat things here and there. Like when I start at Disney's Animal Kingdom and had my park orientation, we participated in orientations at Hollywood Studios and Epcot. It was interesting, but we learned a lot of what we already knew and once again, had The Basics drilled into our heads.

BUT, we just had our first festival this past weekend. The Disney Jazz Celebration to be more specific. It was a good time and went pretty close to schedule. Let me tell you, it was a lot more fun than sitting in the office. However, I am tired and this post is already too long, so if you've made it this far, congratulations. I wish I had a prize for you. Crap, I didn't even get to ultimate yet! Le sigh, next time.

2 comments: