Monday, October 4, 2010

Deep in the Heart of Texas

I should really change the picture at the top, since it really doesn't make a whole lot of sense anymore. However, I am afraid that if I do, somehow, everything will get deleted. Plus, I need a sweet picture.

Speaking of pictures, I have failed as a maker of memories this past weekend and took ZERO pictures. I forgot my camera for the first (and only) day of games which ticked me off something fierce and I boycotted it the rest of the weekend. I know a couple people on our team took some pictures so once I get a hold of those I'll put them up here. Anyway, I went to Austin, TX this past weekend for my first club tournament, which happened to be regionals. There wasn't room for me during the regular season and I couldn't play during sectionals (Stanley = much more important) so my first tournament with this team was a one and done deal. We were ranked 10th but finished 7th which is not bad for a first year team. I had a ton of fun, met some great people, learned a lot, and got my first club experience which was faaantastic. It's great because I no longer feel like I need to continue the dream with college ultimate and can start a new chapter of my ultimate career. Rec league is great, but it is tough to satisfy my thirst all year long.

After these past couple weekend of traveling (CA, ILSTU, TX), I realize that I am working for the weekend. Traveling to a tournament was something that I dearly missed and was so relieved to experience it once again this past weekend. But the wanderlust has got me in its grips and I am quite alright with that. I have to take a break for a little while I save more money and also focus more on work since we have several big groups coming up, including performances for ESPN's Old Spice Classic (in addition to other tournaments around the U.S) and groups performing for the Macy's Day Parade, Thanksgiving Parade in Disneyland, and Christmas Parade at Walt Disney World. It's incredible how many factors go into making a trip successful. I am so happy that I work with two incredibly talented and experienced travel veterans who know the business forwards and backwards (and forwards) and impart knowledge on me everyday.

I have been getting much better at getting out of the apt. at least every other day, if only to go to the gym. They have some great classes and I am in the best shape I have been in for awhile, which feels fantastic. I am trying to also culture myself up with movies and books. I just finished 'The Road' by Cormac McCarthy. It was vague and thin, using just enough words to describe the plight of the father and son. I had not read something like that in a long time. Would I say it's my favorite? Not really, but that's the point; I am trying to expand my boundaries because all too often I strike down a piece of art that is foreign to me, kind of like 20th century music. Actually, bad example; I'll never enjoy/understand 20th century music. I've also been trying to build up my movie repertoire, including 'L.A. Confidential' and 'Wall Street'. I also watched 'Big Trouble in Little China', which is one of the more hilarious movies I have ever seen.

I made a slideshow of when I went to N. CA to visit Mr. Spoden. Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment