Friday, January 15, 2010

I Have Returned

Jambo everyone. I know it has been weeks, but let me tell you, I'm surprised I was able to keep up as long as I did. This coming post will be broken into a couple different ones since I have so much catching up to do.

So after my last post, my life was consumed with post-College Program decisions. I first found a place to live, with pictures of said place coming soon. It's about 1.5 miles from I was just living and literally across the street from Vista Way, one of the housing complexes and also the oldest. Pros on this place: 15 minutes away from work and I-4, 24-gym, reasonably priced (I pay $300 for the smallest bedroom, before utilities), and 20 minutes from the parks. Cons: 100% unfurnished and it's on the 3rd floor. Okay, so that second reason isn't a biggie, but the first one surely is. I walked in and I was like, I'm paying for what? First on the list was a mattress, and as RSK says, box springs are one of the biggest scams around. However, I was able to buy a full mattress with box spring and frame for about $247. So not too bad, and that thing had better last me 3-4 years. I made the mistake of laying on the more expensive mattresses...poor choice. Natural memory form mattress, I'll be seeing you soon...

After the apt. but before the mattress, I needed a vehicle. It was around the 20th of December that I started sweating. You see, I only had about $2500 to spend on a car, because I knew that there is A TON of nonsense you have to get that goes with the car. So after about a month of dealing with some pretty sketchy people, my parents basically forced me to borrow money from them, a no interest-loan (sweeeet) and suddenly, everyone seemed more reputable. I found a 2005 Hyundai Elantra (burgandy) for $5500. I'm pretty pleased with the decision, even if it I did buy it Dec. 23rd.

Like I said pictures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment