Sunday, December 6, 2009

Visit from the Uncle

A couple weeks ago my Uncle came to visit. My Uncle Joe, more specifically, along with his nephew Russel, whom I've known for years but haven't seen for just as many. Neither had taken a vacation very recently, with my Uncle working his ass off at his new position for the last 2ish years and Russel basically supporting himself at the age of 21. I didn't get to hang with them the whole time they were here, but I did get to hang with them for a decent amount of time.

I believe it was Friday where we went to Hollywood Studios for dinner at Hollywood & Vine (I missed Germany the night before! Shame on me). We were actually able to catch Fantasmic beforehand, which was clutch since I believe that's the best night show. Even though I saw Illuminations for like the 4th time here the other night, and it's really starting to grow on me. They also had some extra holiday fireworks after and they were real epic. Like, my face melted off. Anyway, Hollywood & Vine was a buffet and it was pretty good. Standard American fare.

I was able to give away a shift and hang out with them all of Sunday. We did Hollywood Studios all day. My Uncle had been there a couple times and Russel never, but neither one had ever seen any of the shows at the Studios. We saw both Indiana Jones and the car stunt show (no Beauty and the Beast; Russel said it would make him too emotional). I believe we managed to do everything except for Tower and Rock'n Rollercoaster. My Uncle isn't a fan of inside coasters and Russel doesn't like big drops. Oh well, no one's perfect.

Dinner that night was amazing though. We went to Shula's Steakhouse (restaurant of the great NFL coach Don Shula) and let me tell you, I don't think I've ever had a dining experience like that one. They start by rolling out the steaks on a cart so you can learn a little about each one and make an educated decisions. We all The Cowboy, a type of T-bone I believe, a couple sides, a cocktail, and dessert. It was, in a word, exquisite. Maybe one day I'll make enough money to pay for a meal like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment