Thursday, November 19, 2009

Herro all. It's been a couple days and I've been up to some stuff, believe it or not.

First things first, I got a professional internship! I applied for it on a whim per an email that I received from a meet and greet contact. I think I actually applied for it the day before the deadline. There were some marketing internships available, but most were in sales, which I'm going to try to avoid as much as possible. This internship is in youth events, so all my work will center around two events: the Disney Youth Jazz Festival and Festival Disney. The first takes place over one weekend, towards the end of February I believe, and is open to high school and middle school jazz bands, choirs, and combos. Festival Disney happens over nine weekends, from March to May, skipping Easter weekend. It's open to all performing groups, not just bands...I think.

There is a bit of sales involved, when times are slow, but most will be coordinating and troubleshooting, leading around groups, and presenting awards at the end. They'll perform at Saratoga Springs , Hollywood Studios, or a couple other places. Awards will usually be given out at Indiana Jones amphitheater, but if there are that many groups, it will take place at Lights! Motor! Action! arena, which can hold something like 5,000 people. I guess they can get that big. I'm SO excited. It will last from Jan. 14th to June 2nd and will pay a lot more, $11.15/hour, aka, there's a chance of overtime. Nice. Since my college program ends Jan. 2nd, I think I'm gonna make an appearance at home!

I think it's good that I'm going to be able to move on in just a couple months. I can already feel myself falling into some sort of a rut with safari. However, it could be because I know I will be moving on soon to another project, because don't get me wrong, I LOVE where I ended up and always thank my lucky stars when I go into parks and watch other CPs slave away at incredibly thankless jobs. I just can see myself getting a little bored somewhere down the line.

I've also started looking for apartments...again. But I pretty much know who I'm going to live with: another safari guy with the same internship and his current roommate. Should be pretty sweet and real cheap too, surprisingly. They found a 3-bedroom for $280 + utilities. I am pretty sure it's in the heart of the ghetto, but they assure me it's not. I need to start the car hunt again full force. It's gonna be rough to part with that much money, but it's gotta be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment