Saturday, September 19, 2009

Involved

I've had the last two days off, mostly. Thursday, we had a big CP meeting to go over mostly stuff we had gone over before. But the big treat was to go see Festival of the Lion King in Camp Minnie-Mickey at Animal Kingdom, so we didn't have to go far. It is one of the best shows on property, if not the best, so the rumors have been true.
Festival of the Lion King. Epic.

Me at the front desk at our DAK Pak

Yesterday two girls from safari, Carmen and Cassie, and I went to DAK and Hollywood Studios. We rode four safaris during the course of the day, all different. It's really interesting to ride others safaris because they're all so different. It's also tough not judge, because it's not necessarily wrong, just not the way you would do it.

A bunch of us from safari went to Epcot tonight to do the Kim Possible thing, which is where you sign up, get a cell phone, and go around to different areas of the World Showcase looking for clues. We started off with two teams of five, but our phone sucked real bad, so we had to quit pretty soon after we had started. Hopefully we get another chance soon, though, because it looks like a lot of fun.

I guess the most difficult aspect of the program that has risen to the surface has been the involvement of new people. You all know I'm a passionate person and get close to people, if not too close. Already I'm thinking, hey, this is great, I'm meeting all these amazing people and having good times right out of the gate. But unfortunately, all I can think about is in four months, it's gonna be over, and a lot of these people will no longer be a major part of my life. I am usually not Debbie Downer in this sense, but what makes it an issue is that the people that were such a big part of my life, my family and my Gnomies, were gone so quickly. And now I almost feel like I'm cheating on my old friends, that I miss a lot. Not playing this weekend is killing me. Thank goodness I worked today and tomorrow, because if I were sitting around all day...well, that would have been bad news.

But...I gotta learn to love the journey and sometimes it's a bad idea to think about the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment