Friday, September 4, 2009

Jambo Wilson!

Warden Wilson Matua, that is. He's the warden of airborne patrol at the Harambe Wildlife Reserve. They're a big deal. Plus, he's always interrupting my spieling. That bastard.

Good news: I finally have documentation of my role.

But here's the not-so-friendly safari driver. I wouldn't mess with him. And yes, those are my globetrotter shorts.


I'm really feeling good doing my job by now. Every once in awhile something will come up where I'll manage to look like a noob, but I can mostly keep it on the downlow. My next goal is to receive a Guests Service Fanatic card. GSFs are what cast members give to each other when we see one another doing a great job. I will be beside myself when I get one.

I was also beside myself when I traded pins 4 times today. For anybody uneducated to the ludicrous world of pin trading, it's just that...ludicrous. They have, I believe, 3 or 4 levels of pins, with the cheapest ones being like $5, and going up to like $20. Kids (and adults) will buy these, put them on a lanyard, and trade with either each other or cast members. As cast members, we have to trade with them regardless of what crap pin they give us. But luckily we don't have to provide our own, so I just get really excited when I get to do it. Especially when I meet sweet dudes like this. Unfortunately, I can't take pictures while on stage, but thank goodness for the internet.


I get the same days off every week, so we've been going to Ale House on Tuesdays. It's ladies night, but it's also a pretty inexpensive place to drink. I went to BDubs once on Wednesday, but it was skanky as all get out. I'm not sure if I'll be back there. It felt like freshmen year, except I wasn't among the 50% of people there underage.

Tonight, however, I found out that they show a movie EVERY NIGHT at the Fort Wilderness campground...FO FREE. It's also outside, so it's like a drive-in movie. Also a place to roast marshmallows. Heaven on earth.

I also found out what I need to do to stay here for the long-term, but it's late and it's complicated. Actually, I'm not totally sure I understand it. I'll get back to you on that.



No comments:

Post a Comment