Friday, September 25, 2009

One of Those Days



Boy, today was just one of those days. My guests blew, hardcore. My first 5 rounds had guests that stood up multiple times, after being told multiple times to stay seated. It's important to know that they also spoke English. There's nothing else that drives me crazier, though, than guests asking me to slow down. I say at the beginning 'I cannot stop at any time, but I will slow down'. Reasonable, methinks, but also keep in mind that the truck goes 8 MILES AN HOUR, 3-4 by animals. Find me a universe where that is fast and out of control, and I will eat a pink-backed pelican. Someone even told me slow down; I almost lost it there. I ended the day closing pram (parking strollers) with one of my less-than favorite people. When I went out to bump my person and saw who I would be working with, I literally looked up at the sky and asked 'What did I do wrong?'.

Anyway, the previous week has been going well. Today was actually the first day I had that I was like, boy, this sucks. But I can't imagine a job where you could go the entirety of it without having a couple days like that. Yesterday we went to the SALSA sale (spend a little,
save a lot). We love our acronyms at Disney. It's a big sale they do once a year to get rid of all the crap that guests didn't find enticing. To me, about 60% was stuff that was junk. Big poofy Christmas hats from last year, fuzzy Everest hats, Hannah Montana DVD players, 3 billion key chains, lots of nonsense. I did get a sweet jacket, originally $140, after markdowns, got it for $36. Score. Maybe I'll be back later to spend some of my hard-earned wages.

I really want to go to a beach or something soon. That would be neat. I really don't have much to say today; maybe I'll have a brain wave sometime soon and do a little adding.

p.s. This is a way better way to incorporate photos. Good job me.


No comments:

Post a Comment